Monday, July 30, 2012

A CUP of Quietness!

I have been reading this book named: "Fill  My Cup, Lord.....with the peace of your presence.
by: Emilie Barnes. Great little devotional book. I will be posted some of her words as I share with you all.
today:
Psalm 23:2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
Quiet time!!! image of stillness and serenity, of a quiet communion with God-reading His Word and praying.
I need to be willing to come to him, to offer him my cup filled with whatever is troubling me. If I do I know my Lord will give me a quiet spirit.
Quiet time is a gift God gives to me.
Simply offer yourself to him. He's the one who provides the quiet spirit. You and I just need to be willing to come to him, and him alone.
Emilie Barnes couldn't say it any better: The longer I live, the more I thirst for those quiet times in my heavenly Father's presence, the more I long to climb up into the lap of my Abba-Daddy ad enjoy the security of those everlasting arms. Sometimes I feel like a toddler stretching my own arms up, dancing on my toes, begging to be held by the One who loves me so much.
"Up Daddy. Want up
And then he lifts me up.
The longer I live, the more I know that if I will just hold up my cup to him, even my cup of anger and stress and trouble and confusion, he will be faithful to fill my cup with the peace of his presence.
Are you thirsting for God's peace and presence?  Longing have your cup full? Take time to have a Quiet time with the Lord, and pray "Fill My Cup Lord....and I know He will.
I pray this was encouraging words to you today. God alone gives the peace in your life!
A Sip of Quietness: Look up these verses and share with me how God touched your hearts today.
Job 34:29; Psalm 130:5; Psalm 62:5; Ecclesiastes 4:6; Isaiah 30:15; John 14:27; I Corinthians 14:33;
Philippians 4:6-7; Matthew 11:28 and one of my favorite verses that I claim:
 Ephesians 3:20-21 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory.
May you have a Blessed Day!
Deb
(Proverbs 3:5,6)

No comments:

Post a Comment