Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Cup of Encouragement!

Do you meet people or yourself being criticize to others. Satan is always trying to pour out criticism in people, make people feel inadequate and insecure and thus damage your ability to share Christ's love.
You have a chose to encourage or discourage!
What we need to do is to keep our cup filled with love and acceptance and affirmation and encouragment from a dependable Source. I had to decide who I wanted to listen to- who was going to have power over me. When we make that decision is what would enable us to empty our the criticism.
It is so important that we keep emptying the cup of criticism and filling it with positive things-so we can fill others cups with encouragement instead of criticism.
Read  I Peter 3:4
"inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.
Thats my prayer that my life will be a cup of encouragement and affirmation rather than a cup of criticism.

There is a difference between honest discussion and hurtful accusation. There is a difference between being aware of someone's faults and shattering that person's confidence. There is a big difference between tactfully returning a gift or stating an opinion and filling someone's cup with criticism.
When your in doubt, don't say anything.
So when criticism starts to fill your cup again, and it will, recognize it for what it is and stop letting it in, pour love in you cup. God will help you, if you pray and ask Him.
Verses on Encouragement:
Proverbs 3:27; Mark 14:4-6; Luke 6:37; John 3:17; Romans 8:1; Philippians 4:8 (One of my favorites)
I Thessalonians 5:14;15;James 4:11; I Peter 4:8
Enjoy! And my your cup be filled with Encouragement today.
God Bless; Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment