Friday, March 4, 2011

"A Time for Weeding"

1.) When the crop began to grow the thistles grew too (Matt. 13:26) Weeds sap strength from the soil, demand nourishment and get it from the seedlings growing up around them, are worthless. Weeding is necessary to eliminate those plants which sap the energy and nourishment necessary for the growth of the good seedlings. Weeding will keep them from taking hold and choking out the life which is unto fruitfulness.
2.) Weeding is your part. Get rid of all that is wrong in your life. (James 1:21) Ask the Lord to forgive you as you confess to Him the weeds of sin that you've allowed to creep into your life. Read I John 1:9 He is faithful to forgive.
Just remember some weeds are even attractive and good looking. Are you willing to face the weakness of weeds in your life and to weed out even the good and attractive, in order to produce the best? WEEDS IN YOUR LIFE, BY THAT OR ANY OTHER NAME, STILL SPELL SIN.
Here is some scriptures to help weed out what is chocking the vine. It is time to destroy your weeds.
Please take time to read: James 1:21; Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians 4:25-29, James 3:16; I Peter 3:3; Colossians 3:5-9
Philippians 3:7-14
Memorize 1 john 1:9

This Bible Study is from the book "Get Up and GROW" by Daisy Hepburn. It is one I have done when I was a new babe in Christ. Thought I would reread it again, and share it with you all. Always good to remind myself at times. It is a daily thing to continue to weed out things in my life so I can have that sweet fellowship with my Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment